Chickpea is a versatile protein ingredient used in many recipes like hummus. I also add it to homemade mayonnaise, we use it for a spread on bread and potatoes.
Making this soup was easy and it was a great meal.
Dollas approved: 5/5 we all loved it.
- cooked chickpeas, one tin
- uncooked red lentils, soaked for a while, one cup
- garlic, I used quite a lot
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh sweet paprika
- cooked potatoes
- vegetable stock, two cups
- fry onion, garlic, together with the potatoes until nice and brown in oil
- add spices while cooking
- add fresh tomatoes and paprika
- mash chickpeas before adding to the pot
- add lentils
- add the stock and make sure to have enough liquid to cover everything as the lentils still need to cook
- adjust salt and spices before dishing
Dollas grinder: salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, paprika.
Serve it with a dash of fresh lemon juice for a sharp clean taste.
I made this soup again and added chopped spinach instead of the potatoes. This also turned out great.
Happy cooking, dolla.