We got a staple recipe for you today, a Vegan base suitable for all sorts.
We have put together fillings for samoosas, burgers, and now phyllo. We like our meals with a bit of crunch and some plant-based protein.
- Carrots – don’t grate them to fine
- Onions – white and red, finely chopped
- Green peppers – use different colors, finely chopped
- Baby marrow – grated ( from our own kitchen garden Dollas)
- to flavor your vegetables: some soy sauce, olive oil, and rice vinegar/lemon juice
- cumin, coriander, allspice, lemon-pepper
- Now add some cooked black lentils as the plant-based protein
- Mix well
Use halfe a phyllo sheet to make a “springroll”
Fry in shallow oil or bake in the oven.
This is a great snack on its own or a light meal served with mushroom or greens.
We used black lentils, why don’t you try your favorite bean and be daring with some chili and cilantro.
Let us know how it turns out.
Enjoy your day, stay healthy!